2012 is almost over, but I’m ready for the awesomeness that is to come with 2013! I am looking forward to all the wonderful new books that will be released in the New Year. While I didn’t get to read as much in 2012, I wanted to share the books that I did read and enjoyed this year. Here’s my list!
2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire - While I had some issues with Beautiful Disaster, I still adored the book. It's a book that stuck with me long after I read it, and that doesn't happen very often. Travis was such an interesting character, and I can't wait to read his story in Walking Disaster, out in 2013.
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGary - I read Pushing the Limits because I had heard that it was similar to Beautiful Disaster. While it was similar in some aspects, it was unique enough to to be different. This was a very enjoyable read for me.
4. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Michelle Hodkin never ceases to amaze me with her writing, and I can't get enough of the Mara Dyer series. The ending of this book left me speechless, and dying to get my hands on the next book. Not too much longer now!
5. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - Lauren Oliver is one of my most favorite writers of all time. Her writing is absolutely amazing. She definitely left me hanging at the end of Pandemonium, and I can't wait to get my hands on Requiem!
6. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin - This book was recommended to me by Kathy at A Glass of Wine, and I am SO glad that I read it! It was definitely unique, and so different than any book I had read up to that point. The characters we all flawed and fascinating. I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.
7. Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins - I really love the Hex Hall series, and was so sad to see it come to an end. (Thank goodness for the spin-off series!) I have laughed so much while reading this series, and I love when that happens. I can't wait to read more by Ms. Hawkins.
8. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons - This book was one of the more realistic dystopian books that I have read so far. It really made me stop and think, I could definitely see this happening in real life. I'm dying to get my hands on Breaking Point to see what's going to happen next.
9. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini - Ms. Angelini is another of my most favorite authors ever. In Dreamless, she once again drew me into the world she created and left me completely speechless. Poor Helen, the girl went through so much in this book. I can't wait to find out what happens in Goddess!
10. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood - This is another book that was introduced to me by Kathy at A Glass of Wine. It is another book that was unique enough to really stand out for me as well. The storyline was great, and I'm practically in love with Finn.
Bring on the books of 2013!!!
Please leave a link to your favorite list if you have one as well!